The soil pollution and the soil protection from pollution
The soil pollution
The pollution is very dangerous, There are different kinds of pollution as air pollution, the water pollution & the soil pollution, The pollution is any change in the environment that disturbs its natural balance.
The soil pollution affects the living organisms, It harms the plants, the animals and the human, The soil pollution reduces the ability of the agricultural soil for the cultivation, It causes the death of the plants and it harms the health of the animals and the humans.
Soil pollutants are materials that cause soil pollution.
The chemical pesticides are used to kill the pests of the agricultural crops, But they contaminate the plants as they leak into the soil, So they harm the humans and the animals’ health when they feed on these contaminated plants.
The chemical fertilizers are used to compensate the poor soil with the required elements for the plant growth and the formation of its food.
But the great quantities of the chemical fertilizers cause the death of living organisms that live in the soil and harm the humans and the animals that feed on the plants as the chemical fertilizers leak to the plants that grow in the soil.
The industrial wastes result from the industrial activities, and they pollute the air, the water & the soil, They increase the soil acidification, and they deprive the plants of the soil salts causing the death of the plants as the soil salts are necessary for the plant’s growth.
The increasing of the soil salinity due to the increase of the periods between the irrigation times and the rising in the level of the groundwater. It causes the loss of cultivated plants and affects the plant’s growth.
Ways to protect the soil from the pollution
- You should improve the drainage of the agricultural lands.
- You have to rationalize the use of the various kinds of pesticides and depend mainly on the natural enemies of the insects to feed on the agricultural pests.
- You should rationalize the use of the chemical fertilizers and you should use the natural fertilizers.
- You should treat the industrial wastes by following the technological methods.
- You should establish the factories far from the agricultural areas.
- You should use the technological investments in the treatment of the wastewater before draining it in the lakes and the rivers.
- You have to recycle agricultural wastes to produce useful materials.
- You should irrigate the agricultural lands regularly to prevent the soil salinity.
- You should promote environmental awareness among the people, especially in the agricultural areas.